Sunday, January 22, 2006

Every journey begins with the first step...

Well, I've started this journey many times now. I've gotten in the driver's seat, pulled out of the garage, and started the car. Sometimes, I've made it to the next town. Other times, I can barely make it out of the drive. And then, there are times when I've put the car in reverse and seen everything around me spiral backwards.

One thing's for sure. The few times I've made it to the next town, I've realized that a better life is waiting for me on the other side. In fact, it probably gets even better a few towns further away.

The truth is, I'm no longer standing in front of my car wondering whether to get in. I've started the drive, but I'm a bit lost at the moment. Perhaps I'm in between towns.

Nonetheless, I've started this blog to help propel me further along into the journey of losing 40 lbs. When I start to make progress again, and feel homesick for my old body - I'll be able to look back to remind myself of how far I've come.

Today, I'm stopping to ask for directions so that I can get going again.

No comments: