Saturday, February 18, 2006

Crawling out from under my rock...

It's not been a good week.

It started out with the week before last. I was working my little heart out. Five workouts, including two with the trainer. More celery sticks (in lieu of chocolate) that I care to even think about. And my weight stayed the same - 213.5.

This set me off with some rage. Why am I working so hard for a week of maintenance? Why did I go through sugar withdrawal AGAIN for no reason? What's the point? Blah, blah, blah - and it goes on.

So, I decided let go of the reins. Last week, I was travelling for work and wasn't very particular about my diet at all. There was no exercise. I felt like a total sloth. And my jeans are snug again.

Sigh. Two steps forward, three steps back it seems.

I haven't weighed myself yet - I might work up the courage to do that on Monday morning, and I'll post.

In the meantime, I'm going to the gym for a little while this afternoon just to get the juices flowing again. I'm not going to let go this time.

Edited to add: diet girl had a GREAT post about the body being slower to catch up with the brain. True. That's probably what happened when there was no change on the scale last week, but I gave up too easy! Not next time.

No comments: