Tuesday, March 21, 2006

And the results are in...

St. Patrick's day. I got home from my 1 hour and 45 minute workout, and wanted to collapse. We went to a bar anyway. The good news? I didn't have any beer. The bad news? I ended up eating french fries. Quite a few. They were soooo good, but I'm over it now.

Back to the good news - I weighed in on Saturday - down one pound! (yes, even after the french-fry incident). I weighed in today - back up 1/2 a pound. What the heck is going on with this crazy body of mine?

The bottom line: I broke my plateau! Busted, sistah!

I never want to see 212 again for as long as I live.

Today, I went to the gym TWICE - 45 mins of cardio, and then back again after work for an hour of strength training with my trainer. Do you have any idea how hard that is, working out twice in a day? GAH. But now that I'm done, I feel amazing and proud of myself.

So, I started working out with the trainer about 7 weeks ago. I tried to see him about 2 times a week. I stopped exercising for two of those weeks due to various (and quite stupid) reasons. I'm now down about 6 lbs. And this is the crazy stuff I can do now:

- Get up from a seated position on the floor with lots of grace! Before, I would have to roll over onto all fours and prop myself up with something. Now, I can leap up off the floor!
- Balance on one leg, and then the other, and then the other again - until I drive my husband crazy with my own madness. I had no sense of balance before.
- Cardio is becoming easier.
- Flabby-flab arms are starting to look svelte. Okay, not quite svelte, but they don't travel with the wind anymore.
- I can cross my legs (lady-like) because my stomach isn't in the way so much anymore.
- I'm almost down a size! Another 10lbs, and I won't have to shop in plus-sizes anymore.

So, the scale isn't being kind - but clearly, I'm making progress. I decided to bite the bullet and sign up for more sessions. I can't wait to measure my progress in another six weeks' time!!

My body is changing, and I'm thrilled.

3 comments:

tylersstory said...

WooT!!! thats awsome! congrats! Keep going at it, every plateau that breaks is an awsome feeling. :)

Krista said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! Us accountants need to stick together! Congrats on breaking the plateau and the NSV too!

Anonymous said...

I am really happy to know that.
Some more days and U'll be proud of ur self. :)