Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Hello.

Things have been up and down - but maybe it'll all even out.

Last Saturday, the hubby and I went for a 5K run. Last summer, we were running in 10 minute intervels, but it's been awhile since then! Nonetheless, we ran in 5 minute intervels in the beautiful sunshine of the morning. It was really lovely.

Sunday was a bit of a write-off - but I was shopping all day, so that's gotta burn some calories, right?

Since then, I've been out of town on business again. That's when things get messed up. I can never find stuff to eat that's both nourishing, vegetarian, and good for my diet! So I resort to eating crappy stuff. Exercise also goes out the window on some of these trips because of long air travel, time change, and meetings galore.

All this to say - I'm back to it again. And I'm starting to realize that this is life. I'm not always going to have the chance to be "perfect" - things will get in the way, and all I can do is get back on track as soon as I can.

Eating has been good today, but I had an insatiable urge for sugar this afternoon. This resulted in me devouring a box of sugar-free (but aspartame loaded) cinnamon mints. I'm meeting with the trainer tonight, and am going to get some cardio in beforehand.

And in the morning, I shall weigh in (gulp).

2 comments:

jeannie* said...

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. You're totally right that sometimes you just cant be perfect with dieting. Just gotta get back on track the next day.

And I'm going to try your fat-free sugar-free decaf vanilla latte tonight! I'm excited about the cinnamon on top! Thanks!

Anne said...

Nice blog. Best of luck on your journey!