I've been eating out a lot the last couple of days, and thought I'd put it all down here. All in all, I'd say not too bad...but of course, I'm delusional sometimes.;-)
Breakfast: Organic Oatmeal (with protein powder), strawberries, and a glass of 1% milk.
Lunch: (out with friends): Burrito with vegetarian ground "meat" - at least it was high in protein!
Snack: An organic red apple
Snack: Vegetarian "chicken" nuggets (5)
Dinner (Hubby and I went out to celebrate some good news, and ate a fancy-dancy vegetarian restaurant - the following are all "tapas" style appetizer portions):
- Steamed Asparagus on Quinoa (with a delicious cucumber sauce of some sort)
- Chick-pea and Avocado salad on baby spinach
- King Oyster Mushrooms on steamed spinach
- Pumpkin Ravioli (rice pasta) in a fresh crushed tomato compote
- Battered tempeh (basically, a type of tofu) with crispy taro shreds.
I had some juice with dinner - no alcohol. It was REALLY yummy, and felt well balanced.
Breakfast (I walked 10 minutes in the pouring rain and cold weather to buy a baguette - because I felt like it!): Two pieces of a fresh baguette (white bread, unfortunately) - one with some fresh pesto, and the other with margerine. One organic, fat-free, plain yogurt sprinkled with cinnamon. 3/4 of a red apple (also sprinkled with cinnamon).
Lunch (we ate at an organic health cafe): steamed kale, baby spinach salad, steamed beet-roots, a few pieces of steamed broccoli, 2 pieces of pan-fried tofu, some beans in tomato sauce, some sesame noodle salad (on soba), and some stir-fried eggplant.
Tea: One cup of herbal tea with 1/2 (I shared with hubby like a good girl) of a piece of vegan chocolate cake - sweetened with cane sugar, at least...
Snack: 1/2 vegetarian pot pie and some strawberries
Dinner (went to a new veggie restaurant in the city):
- Start: tomato bisque soup topped with roasted almonds (the BEST soup I think I've ever eaten in my life) - it was like fresh crushed tomato with all these herbs in it...oh, yum.
- Main: A large salad with some "raw" vegetarian food that's difficult to describe, but involved stuffed mushroom croquettes, nori, a little square of "pizza" without cheese, but topped with crushed cashew butter and pesto, and a little stuffed eggplant dish.
So, I ate out a lot - but I think my meals were very balanced and healthy. I was SO proud of the dinner we ate last night. Because really, I was craving pub food. Nachos and french fries to be exact....but this morning, I'm OOOZING with energy because of the delicious dinner from last night.
This week's exercise plan:
- 3 times at the gym
- Thursday yoga
- 2-3 long walks