Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The plan...

Is it just me, or are the days flying by? I can't believe we're half-way through this week!

The husband's birthday celebration was good. But deep down inside, it could have been better! Hard to top a surprise trip to NYC last year, I suppose.:-) Friday night, we had a really nice dinner out at this AMAZING vegan restaurant. You order a bunch of items, and they're all "appetizer" size, so you can taste everything. We had some delicious things, like gnocchi in a fresh black olive and pesto sauce, roasted eggplant "pizza" with sundried tomatoes and other delicious toppings, steamed asparagus served on lemon-quinoa with a lemony sesame butter sauce....and some other stuff that I can't remember! We shared the chocolate terrine for dessert (it's this amazing avocado-chocolate "block" served with cashew cream). OH, it was yummy.

Saturday morning, I surpised him with a very European breakfast - chocolate croissants, muffins, and vegan chocolate-chip scones. Of course, with a piping hot cuppa tea (just the way he likes it!). For dinner, my mom cooked up a storm for him. The best way to a mother-in-law's heart, is to love her food. Of course, I, enjoyed the benefit of being present at the dinner too!

Sunday, I made him dinner. A roasted cherry tomato pasta (from "La Dolce Vegan"), some home-made garlic bread on a whole-wheat baguette, and a caesar salad (the dressing I made from "La Dolce" as well). Finished off with his birthday cake - a vegan double-chocolate special. Thank you, Whole Foods!

As you can see, his birthday revolved around food. Normally, plenty of beer and martinis would be had. This year, it had to be different.;-)

*****

Exercising has been dismal. I've been bloody exhausted. I have insomnia, in the worst way. I think I'm becoming overwhelmed with how quickly time is passing, and how soon this baby will be here! Don't get me wrong - I'm soooo excited and happy. I just have no idea what to expect. And for a "Type A" gal like me, it's a bit hard to deal with the unknown. All my tossing and turning at night has transferred my bouts of insomnia to the husband too. We really need to get some sleep, because we can't function!

I signed up for a pre-natal yoga series starting next week, for six consecutive weeks. I'm looking forward to it. I've been bummed out since my fave yoga studio shut down. I'm also signing up for pre-natal aqua fitness. So, that's twice a week. I think I'll probably go to the gym once, and walk once or twice. At least I'm getting a plan together!

Well, I need to eat. AGAIN. I'm doing that constantly now. I swear, I'll just finish an entire meal and be hungry only half an hour later. I could get used to this!! But not *too* used to it.:-)

3 comments:

pinknest said...

ooh! aqua fitness. sounds cool! and cashew creme....mmmmm.

Cowgirl Warrior said...

OMG the food sounds amazing! Your plan sounds pretty awesome too. Looking forward to hearing what you think of the new classes.

KleoPatra said...

Hoping the new yoga works out for you, and that you will work out well in the new yoga classes. Go Sonya.

Your body is dealing with a lot, lot, lot these days, so try if you can to not put so much pressure on yourself. You don't need the anxiety, sweet friend.

And happy birthday to your hubby, love that it went nicely. YAY! Great food all around, much better than martinis, for sure!