Saturday, December 09, 2006

Nesting is in full swing...

Normally a couple of weeks before a pregnant lady is due with her baby, she settles into a "nesting" phase. This consists of mass organizing, cleaning, and sudden bursts of energy. I think I'm there!

I've actually been nesting for awhile, I think. I still need to organize the spice cupboard, make room for baby stuff in the kitchen, and organize our wedding photos (yes, 4.5 years later!) - but I'm determined to get there.

Today, though, I'm going to my parents house for lunch. My mom is cooking up all my favourites, since it's sorta like my "birthday" lunch. I can't wait! There's nothing like my mom's cooking. I'm not sure how healthy it will be, but oh well.....

I've lined up some pampering for myself this week. Today, I'm going to the spa to get a massage and facial (after lunch). The final exam for the course I teach is on Monday - so the rest of the week is going to be dreadful, and filled with marking. On Friday, I've booked a one-hour body massage, a half-hour scalp massage, followed by a haircut. At the Aveda Salon! To celebrate the end of work, officially! Of course, part of me hopes that I don't go into labour by then. The baby might be frightened off by all of my split ends when he/she sees me for the first time!.:-)

Eating has been not-so-great lately. I realized that it has a lot to do with my tiredness, and size. I'm getting bigger and bigger - and the whole mentality of "well, what's an extra cookie going to matter anyway?" has started to set in. It's not right, I know. But in some ways, at least it's only happening in the last few weeks of my pregnancy. I baked these cookies last night, after being inspired by this cooking blog that I read (if you scroll down, you'll see pictures of the cookies! Mine look nothing like that, unfortunately!). Either way - once you get stuck in a rut of eating junk, it's very hard to turn things around.

I am looking very forward to getting my body back. I'll miss having this little bean inside me, but there comes a time when every landlord has to evict their tenant. And we're getting there!:-)

I'll need to take several weeks to recover from the labour, I'm sure. But I can't wait for that first day of exercise - no matter how slow it'll be. I've had a lot of time to think about losing my extra weight once and for all. And I'm just anxious to start ACTING on this determination inside me!

There's the taboo subject of my, ahem, weight gain during this pregnancy. Well, I think I've gained around 30lbs. Might be a wee bit higher than that. Okay, probaby closer to 35lbs. Given that I was overweight to start off with, I probably should have only gained around 20lbs. Of course, I'm *praying* that there isn't a 12-lb baby among all that weight!!! But clearly, I've developed some not-so-great eating habits lately, and it's going to take some time to reverse them.

Enough rambling from me for now! Time to forge ahead with my day.

No comments: