Monday, March 05, 2007
A bit of a stall at the starting line...
Okay, here goes:
- I'm up 2lbs over last week. No surprise, because I was not feeling well, ate comfort foods, and didn't have much activity.
- I had a bit of a relapse with my cold over the weekend, so I didn't get to the gym.
- I ate more comfort food because of the aforementioned relapse.
- I feel like crap right now.
You're probably wondering why the heck I write posts about how motivated I am to get this weight off but then, in the next breath, I don't seem to make progress. Let me assure you that I am very motivated. The week before last, when I got to the gym 4 whole times, it was incredible. And since this cold has come over me, I've been stuck in a rut.
Also, I've discovered some bad habits that I've acquired:
(1) if I mess up even a little bit during the day (like, an extra tsp of maple syrup on my morning oatmeal, or an extra square of chocolate) - I decide that my entire day should be sabotaged. It's like, why bother if I can't be perfect, you know?
(2) if #1 above takes place, I fall into the whole, "I'll start fresh tomorrow" trap.
(3) if #2 above takes place, I always feel that "farewell" food is in order. You know, the last ditch effort at eating crappy because tomorrow is going to the be my "fresh" start.
It's all a bunch of total malarkey! And I know it.
For me, losing weight is 80% mental, and 20% physical. Maybe even more mental. And like the week before last, I just need to get started. I've done this before, and I can do it again.
I apologize for the temporary interruption in programming....but the starting credits are beginning to roll now. I promise.:-)
Posted by Marathon Someday at 6:52 PM