- I am obsessed with purses. REALLY obsessed. To the point where my husband had to build me a special shelf just for my purses in our closet. They fall off the shelf and onto his head every morning when he's getting ready, and I can hear his cursing, even though it's silent.:-)
- I had approximately 700 guests attend my wedding. I only really knew about 100 of them. The rest were friends of our parents.
- I'm a bit of a messy person at home. I said messy, not dirty. I've realized that I don't mind the mess, because I actually look forward to the idea of cleaning up. It's therapeutic. In my work life, my desk is immaculate. Go figure.
- I want a tattoo really badly, but wonder if it's too late for me to get one now that I'm a mom? I also want a nose piercing - you know, a really "delicate" one. I think I'm trying to compensate for some lack of rebellion in my teenage years.
- I was not allowed to talk to boys when I was a teenager - my parents were ultra-strict. To the point where if a friend (boy) wanted to call me, he'd have to call a mutual friend (girl) with conference calling on her phone, so that he could call me through her. Confusing? Yes. But it worked.
- I used to have a phobia of broccoli. So much so, that I couldn't even watch others eat it. Now, it's one of my favourite vegetables.
- New York City is my most favourite city in the entire universe. I've only been there about a dozen times, but enough to know that my heart belongs there.
- I've hiked the Inca Trail in Peru. Four days. Super high altitude. In the mountains. I know, doesn't sound like something someone with a weight loss blog would do, right? But I did. It was the hardest physical challenge that I've ever undertaken - and I cried some serious tears of pride when I made it to Macchu Picchu, where I saw the sun rise.
- When I was pregnant, my body utterly rejected Chinese and Thai food - which I love. The very sight or smell of Pad Thai made me hurl.
- I used to google people that I know. But with the advent of facebook, I no longer need to do that.:-)
- When I was in first year university, I attended a dorm party. We all had to buy our own booze. I'd never mixed a drink for myself before. I got confused, and thought that I could drink Peach Schnapps straight out of the bottle. I drank the whole thing, and repented for three days beyond.
- When I was 2 years old, my father's friend gave me a quarter to play with. I thought it was a chocolate quarter (you know, the chocolate that's shaped like money and wrapped in shiny foil? Yes, some things never change!). I ate it. I told my father, who didn't believe me. Eventually, I ended up in emergency with the quarter wedged in my lungs. Thankfully, they removed it safely!
- I wore a Guns and Roses tank top (okay, it was a wife beater) all throughout the 9th grade, because I didn't know any better. I am humiliated just typing this.
- I've never owned a pet.
- I've been vegetarian all my life. My mother tried to integrate me into North American culture when I was a child, by taking me to McDonald's and forcing me to eat a hamburger. I obliged at the time, but promptly barfed it up. Since then, I haven't eaten much meat. I have no idea what chicken tastes like.
- I hate sleeping in on the weekends. They always feel like my time, you know? I don't want to waste a minute of it sleeping. However, try and wake me up on a weekday when I have to go to work? A symphony orchestra playing in my ear wouldn't even get me to budge.
- I read gossip blogs. Not a lot. But enough to admit that I do. While I'm at it, I also watch Entertainment Tonight. And occasionally read "US Weekly".
- I'm way too chatty for my own good. Even in writing. To the point, where I came up with 18 ridiculous things about myself!
Thursday, May 24, 2007
18 Things You Might Not Have Known
I just got tagged by the lovely Jackie and Veg Triathlete- so here goes!
Posted by Marathon Someday at 8:51 p.m.