Tuesday, May 22, 2007

still stepping along...

Baby's fussing, so this is a quick one!

I feel really good about taking the baby steps. Not sure if I've lost weight (and I'm not going near the scale for a little while longer), but my pants feel looser.

I saw some pictures of myself this past weekend, and my heart sank. It was good motivation to get my butt into gear!

So, the next baby step for this week might sound strange. Hubby and I eat out a lot. Mostly, they are healthy options - but I've come to realize that it's still a lot less healthy than home-cooked meals where I know exactly what's on my plate. And lately, I've been indulging in small desserts here and there while we're out.

My goal for this week is to only eat out once on the weekend, and that will still be a healthy option. This will be a reduction from 3-4 times in a week.

I'll also maintain my "being active" goal from last week, 4 times.

Again, I'm not going to beat myself up over any slippage at home. Or I'm not going to worry that I haven't had enough water or fruit - those are in my goals to come. Can't tackle everything at once.

I hope that my goal for this week fattens my pocket book a bit, and slims ME!:-)

10 comments:

Cowgirl Warrior said...

Sounds like a solid plan, eating at home is always healthier than out. I'm happy to hear that you're seeing some progress. Keep at it, you're doing fantastic!

Rebecca said...

PB and I are in teh same boat. We eat out A LOT.

I strive for that goal every week!!!

Good luck with yours and your lovely comment. It meant a lot to me!

Chris H said...

Wow, that's a lot of times to eat out in a week? You must be made of money! We only eat out once a week usually cos it's so expensive.... good goal for you to try and stay home and eat your own healthy concoctions!

Askazombiehousewife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Askazombiehousewife said...

I am doing babysteps too. :-)
We try to stick to eating out once a week but sometimes we have to eat out more.

Living to Feel Good said...

Great goal and doable. Get in the groove of cooking and you will be fine. Now the balance of cooking and baby will be your test. My friend that I talked about with you is struggling with her baby weight too. She works out daily, and she eats healthy at work. She is cutting back the take out too, but I know it's hard when you have a newborn!

VegasGirl said...

It doesn't sound silly to me at all. In fact, my boyfriend and I have almost the same goal. We always eat out when we are together, but lately we've been trying to cut back. Or, when we do go out to eat somewhere, we try to share the meal (because restaurant portions are so big that they are almost 2 meals on one plate).

Good luck! I completely think babysteps are the way to start.

Carolyn said...

Great plan! Eating out can really provide you with extra hidden calories and fat. You don't see how the food is prepared so it may seem like a healthy option but in reality it it could have been loaded with grease or fat. I really cut down eating out when I started WW and it made a HUGE difference. Another great bonus is, you will REALLY look forward to that one day a week that you do eat out. :) Keep it up!! You can do it!!!!

Christy said...

Sounds like a very healthy plan - way to go. Yay for pants being looser and keep up with your one goal per week, I think it's what is going to work.

Salma Gundi said...

Once a week for eating out is a great goal :) I had to do something similar to that - one of the nice side benefits of making restaurant food the treat instead of the norm for me was that I didn't have to artificially pep talk my way into being interested into the nutritional profiles what I was making/assembling at home. Being the person who had to choose what goes on my plate made my accountability for what I was eating heighten dramatically.

Take enough baby steps, and you climb Manchu Picchu :D