Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I love you, fellow bloggers - UPDATE

I came up with about a dozen excuses this afternoon as to why I couldn't go to the gym. My absolute favourite:

I have a little scar on my chest - and for some reason, it seems to be getting a bit bigger. This has been happening for weeks now. Today, of all days, I decided that I had to see my doctor in the evening to get it sorted out. Which would, of course, mean that I couldn't go to the gym.

Since I am paranoid about the scar, I'm going to go to the doctor. But I'm going in my gym clothes, and will be heading over to the gym right afterward. All because of your encouragement, my fellow bloggers. And I will post here afterward to prove that I went.

I'm motivated to lose this weight - but that doesn't mean that this is going to be easy! The beginning is always tough - I admit that. But I'm getting over my laziness and am going to burn off some calories.

Back in a few hours, after having burned off a few hundred calories.:-)

Update: Doctor's office couldn't fit me in - post-New Year flood of people, apparently. However, I did make it to the gym. 50 mins of cardio, 15 minutes of weights, and 5 minutes of stretching - thank you very much. I'm gonna be soooo sore tomorrow!

5 comments:

Cowgirl Warrior said...

I understand the concern about the scar, I used to feel that way about a scar on my arm thanks to skin cancer. I was super luckey it's a 2in scar but I can tell the story. It's been a few years and I'm just now thinking of getting it lasered but for at the moment I don't care who sees it. It's a reminder to be diligent with sunscreen.
Good for you for going after the doctor. Like you said it's a marathon not a sprint.

Fatinah said...

wow - I'm really glad you didn't talk yourself out of working out - way to go!!

Jen said...

Whoo-hoooooooo! For going to the gym and for getting suspicious things checked out asap. Go you! (I made it, too - your post was totally the boost I needed!)

Carolyn said...

YAY! I'm so proud of you. I logged onto the computer this morning and was thinking...hmm, Sonya better have gone to the gym!
I bet you felt wonderful afterwards right? Try to remember that feeling today or tomorrow or whenever you plan on going next and tr to talk yourself out of it!!

jeannie* said...

Congrats!! I'm so glad you got to the gym. And this morning I hope you're feeling a 'good sore.' You know what I mean, you feel it when you walk, but its a reminder of how totally awesome you are for getting your butt to the gym!

Keep it up :)