Blogger ate my post! Grrrrr.
Since I have no patience to re-write everything again, I'll do up an executive summary:
- Made it to the gym yesterday, and felt like I'd been hit by a truck when I woke up this morning. This getting active thing isn't easy, but I know it'll get better in time. Ouch, it hurts my arms to type. But my amazing energy today is undeniable.
- Made a delicious vat of chili last night, so now there are healthy lunches for the week. I got me a bowl of it warming up as I write. Kidney beans, chick peas, green and red pepper, chopped cashews, onion, garlic, and a dollop of sour cream. Yum.
- This week, I'm just trying to make it to the gym - no classes yet. I already don't feel like going tonight. But I'm going to keep that promise to myself - if I can at least lace up my shoes and walk to the gym, that's better than nothing. I'm hoping that when I get there, I'll be inspired to go inside.
- Why is it so hard to remember that feeling of euphoria after exercise when it's time to go to the gym? It's like a weird memory block. The same block that sometimes wills me to eat a chocolate bar, even though I know I'll feel like crap afterward. Must talk myself through these situations.
- I adore my new ipod shuffle! It's teeny-tiny, and oh-so-cute. And it's purple. Hee.
- Weigh in's. I've had the stupid "to weigh or not to weigh?" debates many times in the past. I've decided that I need to measure my progress - at least for the first several weeks, and the scale is going to keep me accountable. So, Saturday will be the big day. In a few months' time, if the scale doesn't measure my progress accurately, I'll consider a break up.
That's all. I hope everyone's new year is getting off to a great start. Remember - it's a marathon, not a sprint. I'm telling myself that everyday. I want to sustain my good habits for a long time to come.