Thursday, February 21, 2008

Feels good to be back!

Tap, tap. Is anybody there?

Phew. It's been INSANE for the last couple of weeks, and here's why:

- Started back at work after my maternity leave, and my work has been busy busy busy
- Transitioned my daughter to daycare
- Lived with the in-laws for a week while we were having some work done on our flat. This meant three - four hours of commuting each day to work (with my MIL, to boot!) - crazy.

But I'm finally back!

While all of this has been going on, my eating has been CRAP. No other way to describe it. I don't fare well when I'm staying in someone else's home and eating their food. That, and I was a little er, anxious staying with my in-laws for so long.

I'd come home from work feeling zonked, and made every excuse in the book to not haul my butt to the gym. I even convinced myself that I had a headache the other night. How pathetic.

Last night, I decided that enough was enough. Life is always going to be busy. Even though I'm in the middle of a transition, I need to start working in some good habits. I started gathering all my gym clothes, water bottle, etc. I was getting myself into a bit of frenzy.

The Hubby: "What are you doing with all your gym clothes at 11pm?"
Me: "I'm going to attempt to get up tomorrow morning at 5:30am to go to the gym".
The Hubby: "Really?"
Me: "Actually - I'm going to get up at 5:30am to go to the gym".

And that's exactly what I did. Well, the alarm went off a few times and I snoozed. I furrowed deeper into the covers. I clutched my pillow tightly. But then, I decided to haul myself out of bed and just DO it! It was too late for me to walk to my gym, so I went to the one in our building (downstairs). There were already 3 people working out! 45 minutes of cardio and some stretching later, I felt like a new person.

Since going this morning, I've been feeling great all day. Like, I can conquer the world!

I feel like I'm getting over the transition hump a bit - so I'm going to get serious about my goals again! There's an awesome class at the gym that I'm going to try on Saturday - will blog about it later. It's got me very excited!

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Glad to have you back!

I can't imagine living with my inlaws for more than a night! You poor thing. And that commute! yikes. No wonder you have been MIA. Can't say I blame you.

Back to reality and back to the gym! I'll be checking in on you!

Unknown said...

welcome back! sounds like some serious stuff going so i'm sure you're thrilled to be home and back in your own space... i can't imagine having to live w/my inlaws (not that i have any) and having to commute w/them too... geesh!

and good for you for the hitting the gym in the am, isn't it amazing how better you feel? :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sonya....you'd asked me for the lentil kabob recipe....if you email me your email address i'll send it to you that way, kay?

megjamieson@yahoo.ca

GetStrongGirl said...

Excellent Sonya! Glad to see your back posting!!

coach handbags said...

The acknowledgment is in logic. Why would one accident damaging a absolute artist backpack back they could off-set the accident to one of the artist replica coach outlethandbags that attending absolutely like the absolute thing? It is bigger to lose a bargain replica and save the absolute affair for important functions and appearances.Not anybody can allow the aboriginal artist coachfactoryoutletonline.net handbags like a Louis Vuitton or a Gucci but one would like to present one to their coachfactory.com/shop babe acquaintance or their mother on a appropriate break such as mother's day or a birthday. Presenting addition with the best replica coach.com handbags is a admirable way to say you care. It is not too difficult to acquisition a 18-carat replica artist coach factory handbags banker with the internet extensive so far and wide. However, activity through the astronomic account of the best replica coach outlet online handbags is a behemothic task.Al the bargain replica accoutrements attending absolutely the aboriginal that it is adamantine to adjudge which one will attending best on the adult coach handbags is actuality bought for. The material, adroitness and the actual anticipation that goes into the detail of these bargain artist accoutrements is awesome. So, how does one go about allotment again chief to buy replica coach factory store handbags?