Let's start with proverbial "good, bad, and ugly". In my preferred order:
- Life has been really, really busy - I still can't figure out why. It's mostly because my job has become fairly hectic.
- I don't have time to return phone calls, e-mails, etc. I feel like a bad friend and daughter.
- My wardrobe sucks. (debated on classifying this under "ugly", it's that bad). I like looking professional for work - but my clothes just feel so sloppy on me. Nothing will fix it, except getting rid of that tummy.
- Anxiety-ridden eating is the worst. Why, oh why, must it happen? It turns out that I might be getting a big promotion at work. But I don't even want it. Isn't that sad? Before I had my daughter, things were a bit different - I'd be willing to work any number of hours a week, and focus my life on work. Now, I want an exciting and challenging job (with career progression) - but work/life balance too. This promotion won't allow that. So, I stuffed my face with a heap of chocolate almonds last week. More than a heap - a mountain, maybe? I wanted to throw up afterward, the sugar rush was so insane.
- My 8lb loss hasn't gone out the window (a couple of pounds of it has) - so not all is lost.
- I'm going to NYC in three weekends! Hopefully, my clothes will be fitting better by then.
- My hair has been looking good lately - I got it cut last week, and my curls are very "springy". Nothing like good hair to boost a girl's confidence.
- I'm joining Carolyn's summer challenge. Will blog about that tomorrow.