Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I am warped

I am flu-ridden for the umpteenth time this year. My immunity sucks, what can I say? My fever was around 104 degrees last night, so it hasn't been good times. I'm at home today, and thought I'd post quickly because it's been ages.

Before I became flu-ridden, I was nine pounds down - one more away from the first big goal. I was hoping to meet that by the weekend.

This is where the being warped comes in: I love weighing myself when I'm sick! It's totally wacky how the scale moves - and I get such a kick out of seeing brilliantly low numbers. Is that wrong? So, unofficially, my sick weight shows me as being 12lbs down!

Either way - things are moving in the right direction again. I've been super-conscious of whatever goes in my mouth lately, and am trying to eat whole and healthy foods. I dunno - call it a health-kick or something, but it has become very important to me to not put chemicals and pesticides into my body as much as possible. That, and now that my daughter is a an active and observant toddler - she's watching everything that her mommy does with interest. I love sharing my food with her - but I refuse to give her anything that is "junky". I've started to realize that it's a terrible double-standard. I can't devour a chocolate bar while I give my daughter steamed carrots!

So, there's been a shift in healthy eating around here - I hope it makes a difference.

Once I'm over this wretched flu, that is! Back to bed.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. You're doing wonderful, keep up the health kick. Take care

Fatinah said...

feel better soon.

Kim said...

Please take care of yourself and feel better soon!!!

Martalu said...

Is that wrong? I certainly hope not! And even if it is, it's so much fun, who wants to be right?!

But seriously, hope you get better soon!

Jen said...

Hey lady lady, I hope you're feeling better by now... being sick is no fun... Take care!

coach handbags said...

Why would you hire a coach? You don't play competitive sports or run marathons. What could a coach factory outlet do for you?Just as amateur and professional athletes who want to further their game work with a coach, business owners, managers and entrepreneurs can also further their game, or business and life, by working with of a professional coach outlet online. You can be good, very good at what you do, but there is always better. And to get to better, you need to make changes.Change doesn't just happen on its own. Change occurs when you take charge and actively work to make these changes. The three key ingredients to coach outlet change are vision, plan, and the motivation to make it happen.Some people go through work and life just existing. They're not unhappy, but they're not really happy either. They aren't very clear about what success, or a great life looks like, much less how to actually achieve coach factorybags. They lack clear vision, the ability to conceptualize a goal or ambition. And without a vision, a dream, a goal, a target, coach outlet store onlinebags they aren't going anywhere.