Sunday, May 04, 2008

Week One - Results

The good news:

I met my exercise goal for last week!

I got up twice at 5:30am (the second time didn't feel any easier, by the way. My alarm went off, and my first thought was, 'it can't already be 5:30! I just went to bed.'). I also went for 2 5K walks. I also went to the gym yesterday morning.

Tally: 5 workouts down, 27 to go!

The bad news:

No movement on the scale. It's status quo.

I'm a little annoyed, but on the balance, I'm fine with it. I know that if I keep working hard, the results will follow - I mean, how can they not?


New focus:

I'd love to lose ten pounds at the end of 8 weeks - but I'm starting to realize that it's more about the means than it is the end. The means are about exercising and eating well - so really and truly, that's my goal.

I've got the gym fever - I'm itching to go again today! Now, that's a result worth trumpeting after Week One!

10 comments:

Veg*Triathlete said...

Go you! Congratulations on meeting your exercise goal this week :-)

Fatinah said...

awesome job meeting your exercise goals. could it be that you need to increase a bit of food to go with your increased activity??

keep up the great work!

Kim said...

Congrats!! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other Sonya!! You are headed in the right direction. :)

Teresa said...

Keep up the good work. I'm sure the scale will get onboard with your efforts. All the best.

marie said...

Keep it up - it will pay off!

Marissa said...

Congrats on meeting your exercise goal!!

CaRoLyN said...

Look at you, you little gym rat! I love it! Congrats on meeting your exercise goal, that is fantastic!

Veg*Triathlete said...

Hey, Sonya, I just blogged about the tofu/nutritional yeast recipe you suggested. I loved it! Hope you're doing well!

tylersstory said...

ugh...I'm doing the 5:30am wake ups right now too..and I totally sympathize with you >_< That is hard some days :)


It's been a while since I dropped by, glad to see you are still blogging :) (alot of people stopped it seems >_< )

- Tyler
www.400poundmile.com

coach handbags said...

There are a million excuses, but no reasons NOT to coach factory outlet online pursue your vision for an ideal life. If you have a vision and a plan, but lack the motivation to get there, a coach outlet store online can help. A coach helps to troubleshoot the barriers that stop you in your tracks so that those impassable mountains become molehills. A coachfactory.com/shop finds out what drives you and what keeps you on track, as well as recognizing when you are slacking off. A coach keeps you accountable and will ask you regularly if you're doing what you say you really want.Where are you in your life? Do you have a vision of where you want to be, what you want to do, how you want to live? Maybe you have a vision, but you don’t have a plan. Any maybe you have both the vision and the plan but need help motivating yourself to follow the plan. A coach outletbags can help you at any stage of this process so that you can see that vision, design that plan, or be inspired to motivate yourself toward your goals.Many people can and do achieve their dreams alone. And many more people benefit from the guidance, focus, and accountability a coach offers.So, why would you need a coach factory outlet? Simply, to help you reach your dreams so that the life you live is the life you want to live. Your life is beckoning - do you have the vision, coach bags planArticleSubmission, and motivation to get there?