Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 9: The sun is out, the sky is blue

So I made it through yesterday, relatively unscathed. I had to have lots of extra fruit (plus the aforementioned splurges) to get through it, but I did. Willpower is not an easy thing to come by, let me tell you.

In the spirit of my "one step at a time" philosophy, I am now on Day 9. To be honest, I don't think I've ever made it this far (in recent years, anyway) without falling apart. I have to remember that there will be days where I can't control what I'm eating, and I just need to pick myself up and start over as soon as possible. Perfection isn't achievable! But for now, I really want to see two consecutive weeks of losses on the scale. It'll make me feel like I'm in a groove.

I have to leave for my (mom and baby) exercise class in a few minutes - it is seriously butt-kicking. We run laps, do lunges, do 100 jumping-jacks, and lots of killer ab work.* My legs are always wobbly after the class, and I am very sore the next day. I just had a bowl of oatmeal for sustenance!

Off to conquer one more day.

No comments: