Sunday, September 06, 2009

Day 33: Hanging on by the skin of my teeth

The last few days on this journey have been tough for a variety of reasons. Obviously, there has been some trouble with the scale. A couple of day ago, I also had my blood test which checks to see whether the diabetes that I had during my pregnancy is in fact, gone. I'm embarassed to say that I put this off for weeks and weeks longer than I should have. Anyway, I've been really anxious about the results, and will find out in two weeks. On top of all that, I've been generally fidgety. All of this has led to some less than desirable eating behaviour. Including, ahem, some french fries last night. A lot of french fries.

I'm on the cusp of something big here. I can continue to slip up and let the pounds pack on. Or I can take the other fork in the road, which means pulling my socks up and trying really hard.

I started this journey because I am ready to get healthy. I need to remember that I'm not perfect. A few bad days doesn't mean that I can't climb back on the horse. In fact, that's what life is all about, and I'll just need to keep trying if I'm ever going to succeed.

So, while I might have messed up over the last few days, I need to remember that it's not going to erase a month's worth of effort.

I'm going to do two things:

- learn from this experience and continue to find ways to quell my emotions other than food;

- Come back fighting. I can do this. I will do this.

No comments: