Monday, September 07, 2009

Day 35: Back to School, New beginnings

Happy Labour Day! There's a tree around the corner from my house that has started to turn colour and shed its leaves. Another reminder that Fall is around the corner. I've always loved the Fall. Cardigan weather. Crisp evenings. Cute socks. And back to school. I'm a bit of a nerd like that.;-)

Back to school always marked new beginnings and another year of change in my life. It kind of feels like that again right now. The last few weeks have been transformational for me, and I can't wait to see what the rest of this year brings.

So far, I've been on track today. I made an amazing salad at lunch, to go with my homemade soup. A toasted piece of rye bread with goat cheese and oven-roasted cherry tomatoes on top, served on a bed of lettuce (tossed simply with olive oil, lemon, salt, and pepper). It was crazy good.

I'm headed out to my parents' house now, where food is a'plenty. I'm determined to stay on track, and head out for my run when I get home. Even if it's dark.

Here's to having a fantastic and healthy week. And kicking lots of butt!

3 comments:

Irene said...

KUDOS to you on the kicking butt!!! hope you have a great holiday and stay on track at the parents house*smile* sometimes can be a challenge...
love socks...they are the greatest thing in the world!!
nice lunch and good luck with the run...
love,
Irene

janet said...

Sounds like you had a great day. It's much easier to run in the cool fall weather!

Rebecca said...

i agree with you!

ive always looked at Sept. as the New Year!!

maybe it has to do with fresh books and journals! great for goal setting!