Monday, October 05, 2009

Dessert for Breakfast?

I feel like I have just eaten the most decadent dessert for breakfast! Oatmeal with hazelnut butter, chopped bananas, cinnamon, and a healthy drizzle of maple syrup. Wow. It was a rough morning getting my daughter out the door, so I felt like a bit of an indulgence. I feel fully fueled for the rest of the morning!

I got next to NO sleep this past weekend. Saturday night was an all night art festival in my city. I actually managed to get out! With plenty of drink and food, we set off on foot, wandering around the city looking at some art installations. Some of them were pretty cheesy, but others were really neat. It was amazing being among a million people, wandering around all night looking at art. I'd definitely do it again next year. Some alcohol was indeed consumed, and there may have been some popcorn and a few french fries at the end of the night. But I walked 6 kilometres or so. And maybe it's wrong of me, but I didn't feel guilty at all. I had such a fun night, and I was back on track the next day.

Right, about the lack of sleep. I didn't sleep last night because I just couldn't. I tossed and turned, counted sheep, made "to do" lists in my head, and finally drifted off around 5am. My son woke me up at around 6am, and thus, my day began.

Despite that, I feel soooooo energetic this morning! I couldn't wipe the smile off my face all the way to my daughter's school. I have no idea why, because I am so sleep deprived. Still, I'll enjoy the burst of energy while I can!

Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

It's perfect oatmeal weather. Glad to see you've got tons of energy to get you through the day. Heard about the festival sounded interesting. Glad you could get out and enjoy it.

Rebecca said...

i'm going to have to rub up on you because I'm in the foulest mood and your setting yourself up for a great Monday/week!!

JavaChick said...

I don't think it's wrong to not feel guilty about enjoying the festival - sounds like it was the perfect occasion to allow a few indulgences. I'm glad you had a great time!