Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm SO ready for this week!


Give me an "M"! Give me an "O"! Give me an "N"! Okay, I won't go that far, because Mondays are tough days. BUT, it's the start of a new week! New month! And that's something to be really excited about, right?

The scaled moved a wee bit for me. Not as much as I would have liked, but I think it was a fair assessment of the week I had. On this journey, it's not enough to want the scale to move: you really need to put in the effort to see the payoff. I'm not even going to make excuses; it was a crazy week and that's that.

I'm so close to 15lbs. This week, I'd like to be almost there. So that's my goal.

A couple of things that I'm feeling anxious / excited about:

(1) I have a birthday coming up on Friday. I need to create a serious calorie deficit if I want to enjoy a bit of cake. And a drink or two.

(2) I'm returning to work in six weeks! I have really mixed feelings about my maternity leave being over so soon. I've had almost a year, which is more than a lot of people have in other countries (except for the lucky Europeans!). But I'm going to miss my little man like crazy. At least I'm going back to work, knowing that my pre-pregnancy wardrobe will fit me!

So that's all. My fridge is stocked with delicious and healthy food. Spinning three times this week. And a big smile that's ready to grace this week to come. Let's make those pants a little looser!

6 comments:

Christy said...

I just woke up with swollen fingers from too many goodies this birthday weekend, feeling sorry for myself, thinking I was never going to get where I wanted to be. Then I visited one of my favourite places in cyberspace (here!) and found the words I needed to hear. It's not enough to want the scale to move, you have to put the effort in it. Thank you, your wonderful mood and motivation is encouraging. Thank you.

Rebecca said...

this is exactly the post i needed to read on this monday morning!!!

you sound so good right now sonya.. can you bottle me some!?

Sheridan said...

yes, us Europeans are darn lucky, until we move to places like the US! I had 8 weeks with my little girl, still hate even thinking about the first day I had to drop her off at my MIL!
But on another note, have a happy Monday too and oohhh....bday huh?! :)

Sheridan said...

* 8 weeks of UNPAID leave...urgh LOL

janet said...

Happy Birthday!!
This time of year is tough with all the holidays, your attitude is wonderful and it's great that you're prepared with a fridge full of healthy food!

All Women Stalker said...

I wish I remember how it feels to be this excited and this ready for some huge endeavor. I miss feeling excited about exercising every morning and cooking healthy meals.

-Denise