Monday, November 02, 2009

Operation: Calorie Reduction

Sometimes, my life is in a constant state of overwhelm! With two little kids, I try and keep my head above water on most days. For example, Monday arrived and smacked me in the face with heaps of laundry, piles of dirty dishes, and a list of errands the length of my arm. I have to get that done, and take care of the kids!

The one thing I never seem to have time for lately, is preparing healthy meals in advance. I am preparing meals on the fly, and make them as healthy as possible - but I would like to know that I have dinner to eat (and that it's balanced and healthy) without sweating over it minutes before 6pm arrives when my tummy is growling. I have a meal plan, I buy the groceries for it, but I just don't seem to have the time to put it into action! Such is my life right now, and I'm just going to do my best.

Anyway, I'm going to cut back on my calories starting today, after my revelation last week that I'm eating too much. When this happens I get really grumpy. But I'm not going to get out of the vicious cycle of weight maintenance unless I give it a shot. I'm also still nursing my son, and my body is clinging steadfastly to a bunch of weight so I need to take that into consideration too. Gah!

So, here are my goals for this week:

- Reduce calories to the 1800 level;
- Exercise at least 3 times;
- Eat before 7pm each night.

That's it! Easier written than done, I know. But if I stick to it, I know I'll see a difference by the end of this week.

On the menu this week: southwest quinoa salad, vegetarian lasagna, mixed vegetable and lentil stew, and vegetable stirfry with grilled tofu. YUM.

I will post again tomorrow. Forgive me if I sound a bit cranky by then.

1 comment:

nic said...

Your menu sounds fantastic!

An idea: consider having a girlfriend over to help tend to the kids while you cook. You can chat, cook, and send her home with a serving of some of your food.

It's an enticing deal, I would totally do it.