Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Soda cracker and apple juice diet

Yes, that's what I'll be consuming for at least another 24 hours.

Predictably, I seem to have come down with the stomach virus that was floating around in my household over the weekend.

I tend to crave comfort foods when I am sick. When I am alone at home and sick, I also feel sorry for myself (another trigger for bad eating!).

But today, thankfully, I have no appetite. And I'm glad for the quiet house so that I can crawl under my covers and get some rest.

I absolutely LOVED the fake loss on the scale this morning. Yes, I'm crazy for weighing myself during sickness. But it's SO fun to see the numbers going down. I know that I'll regain when I'm better, but a girl can have a bit of fun, right?

Despite my physical weakness right now, I have never felt more strong emotionally. In my mind, I am focused and determined. I'm not feeling like "blowing" the rest of the week because I'm sick. I'm not throwing the challenge out the window because I can't exercise for a couple of days. I am taking one day at a time, and will do my best. Each minute, each hour, each day - until I get there.

So here's to not getting tired of saltine crackers (at least they're low-cal!), and setting a goal of making it to spinning class again by Friday.

7 comments:

Kim said...

I hope that you have a quick recovery, and use this new found resolve to help propel you even closer to your goals Sonya!!

Feel better!!! :)

Sheridan said...

hehe I weigh myself still when I'm sick, cos you're right, just for fun it's kinda nice to see that lower number, plus I figure it means my body can do it, so once I'm well I work towards that! Take a nice break and have plenty of rest and fluids (the Mommy in me comes out in these instances!) and get well soon x

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. Being sick is a tough one for a lot of people when it comes to weight loss. I had an awful headache last night and all I wanted was a mountain of chocolate...

Teresa said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Take care.

Rebecca said...

Take care of yourself! Something nasty is going around!

All Women Stalker said...

I hope you get well soon. I hope you eat something with more substance even if you don't have an appetite. It'll help you get stronger sooner.

Martalu said...

It is fun, isn't it! But in reality, I do hope you are feeling better. I trust that your hubby is taking good care of you!