Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bye for now

Once again, I haven't been back here in a couple of months! Life isn't getting less busy.

I've been thinking a lot about blogging, but am realizing that it requires a lot of commitment. Time that I'm not sure I have right now. And really, if I'm going to spend whatever spare time I have (after work and looking after two kids) blogging, I should really be using it for exercising.

My problem is, I'm not disciplined! I sit down to read blogs, and the next thing I know I've spent an hour on facebook and twitter too. I am spending waaaaay too much time in front of this computer. It's addictive, without question.

I enjoy writing here. I enjoy reading. But I think I need to take an "official" break from it. If I do come back (which may be sooner than I think), I will probably start up a new blog altogether. I will post the link here.

Sigh. I've had this blog for almost five years now, which is amazing. In that time, I finished grad school, and had two kids. My weight hasn't changed much - in fact, I'm probably up by a 'net' 30 lbs! But when I think about where life has taken me, I wouldn't change it for the world. The weight, I can lose. I wouldn't want anything else to go away.

But now it's time for the next chapter. And maybe that's a new space to write about different things. Maybe it's a new weight loss journey. But I feel the need to start over.

If any of you are still reading this, I want to say, thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is really down to all of the encouragement that I got on here that I was able to pick myself up one some days. You've all inspired me so much. Ironically, I can't put it in words.

So here's goodbye for now. I'm fairly certain I'll start up again. But it'll be a reincarnated version of me. Hopefully very soon.

Keep strong and carry on! I hope all of you reach your goals. There's no better feeling than crossing a finish line. I hope when you get to yours, it's for good.

much love,
Sonya

12 comments:

Christy said...

I will follow you wherever you may go :)

Seriously though, I've had much the same thoughts over the past couple of weeks. I just feel I'm writing the same thing over and over and not making any headway in anything else. My time can be spent better elsewhere.

Besides that, next Thursday I won't be able to blog because I will be eating and chatting with you!!!

marie said...

BOOOOOOO!

I won't let you go!!!

Rebecca said...

awe...Sonja... I understand tho, I often feel the same way!

Kim said...

Sonya,

I hope that you don't stay away for too long. I'll miss hearing about your journey.

Please take care of yourself!

Teresa said...

Good Luck Sonya! Totally understand you've got alot on the go right now. Keep well.

Sonya @ Eyes on the Hourglass said...

I hear ya on the addiction thing. I'm becoming a bit of a couch potato lately watching to much tv and being on the computer. I'm seriously thinking of limiting myself as well.

I do hope you come back. Enjoy your time off, but do come back.

Gina said...

Yes, the time has another dimension...there is no TIME...

indiandhaba.blogspot.com said...

visit my blog http://indiandhaba.blogspot.com for indian food recipes. plz do leave some comments over there

Elena said...

I hope you'll come back soon.

r4i said...

Wonderful blog. I am R4i searching the news-r4i
It's a very useful. Acekard 2i Thanks!-acekard 2i
What I have found R4 Card from your site-r4 card
Thanks for the insight. R4 You are absolutely.-r4
very helpful blog!Keep RMT working Thanks!-RMT
Great blog! マジコン happy to this blog-マジコン
This is very dsi マジコン beautiful-dsi マジコン
This is a great 3ds マジコン one..-3ds マジコン
リアルマネートレード---リアルマネートレード
I learn a with アラド戦記 your words-アラド戦記
Great アラド戦記 RMT sharing-アラド戦記 RMT

coach handbags said...

The acknowledgment is in logic. Why would one accident damaging a absolute artist backpack back they could off-set the accident to one of the artist replica coach outlethandbags that attending absolutely like the absolute thing? It is bigger to lose a bargain replica and save the absolute affair for important functions and appearances.Not anybody can allow the aboriginal artist coachfactoryoutletonline.net handbags like a Louis Vuitton or a Gucci but one would like to present one to their coachfactory.com/shop babe acquaintance or their mother on a appropriate break such as mother's day or a birthday. Presenting addition with the best replica coach.com handbags is a admirable way to say you care. It is not too difficult to acquisition a 18-carat replica artist coach factory handbags banker with the internet extensive so far and wide. However, activity through the astronomic account of the best replica coach outlet online handbags is a behemothic task.Al the bargain replica accoutrements attending absolutely the aboriginal that it is adamantine to adjudge which one will attending best on the adult coach handbags is actuality bought for. The material, adroitness and the actual anticipation that goes into the detail of these bargain artist accoutrements is awesome. So, how does one go about allotment again chief to buy replica coach factory store handbags?

Unknown said...

runing is good and it will also reduce your weight loss.