Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Strength train me into submission...

I went to the gym after work to get my "assessment" done. This is the precursor to personal training. I like my personal training guy. He doesn't have a ton of personality or anything, but he'll do the job, I'm sure.

We spent 1/2 hour chatting about my goals, eating habits, etc. We spent the next 1/2 hour training together. Ouch, I'm sore right now. Tomorrow morning is gonna be a riot, I'm sure. After we trained, I did another 35 minutes of cardio and went home. I've signed up for 12 personal training sessions. We've decided that at the end of 6 weeks, I'm going to be 12 pounds lighter. Wow. I'll be five pounds away from 200.

Today wasn't without failure. My boss came back from a trip to Scotland, and had a bag of chocolates on his desk. Not just any chocolates, but dark chocolates with a creamy mint filling. The thought of the mint-iness mixed with chocolate gushing in my mouth was too much to bear - so I had a couple this afternoon. Bah.

I did make it to the gym last night as well, and did some cardio for 45 minutes. I was on good behaviour for dinner. Just before bedtime though, the sugar craving came on strong. I had a handful of ju-jubes. I am withdrawing, afterall.

Tomorrow morning is weigh-in. I hope the scale is kind.

No comments: