Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Insanity, brownies, and pregnancy.

It's been ages!!!

I did try and post last week - and wrote a MASSIVE blog entry - but it was blogger's day to be finicky, and something happened when I tried to post. Grrrr. I couldn't bring myself to re-type everything, so I gave up!

Things have been so insane, it's not even funny. I've started teaching two courses at a local university. That's 3 hours a night, two nights a week. I also have a very busy day job. Plus, I need to prepare for teaching on the weekends. And being 6 months pregnant now, my energy levels are NOT the same as they once were. Needless to say, my head feels like it's going to fall off!

After my first class on Monday night, I came home, and felt like collapsing. I can't believe that I lectured for 3 hours - and stood the whole time! When I came home, the hubby looked at me with a half I-told-you-so look and a half oh,-dear-why-do-you-do-this-to-yourself look...and then I realized that there was absolutely no way I could sustain this. If I feel this fatigued now, how the heck am I going to feel 3 months from now, when the baby is ready to pop out?

So, I'm making some tough decisions right now about teaching and my day job. Something has to give, right? And right now, I need to take care of myself and my little one. That's the most important thing.

****

Eating wise, things have been relatively okay. I haven't found the time to exercise as much as I'd like to, in my world of insanity - that's the big problem.

I just found out yesterday that my favouritist (not even a word, I know) yoga studio in the world has closed down. Blah. I looooved my prenatal yoga classes. So now, I'm on the hunt for another one. Apparently, some prenatal yoga classes encourage the mother to "chant" to their baby about being an "earth mother" and other stuff like that....no offense to anyone, but that's just not my style. I need to breathe, stretch, and relax. For me, chanting is just a bit too granola.

The hubby's birthday is this weekend, so I'm trying to plan something a bit special in the midst of it all. Last year, I surprised him with a trip to NYC (oh, and it was the BEST weekend ever!)...I'm definitely not going to be able to top that. I would definitely like to take him out to a nice dinner, and bake him a cake. With my working 'round the clock, I've been a neglectful wife lately. (I'm still not sure if he reads my blog, so I won't post anymore until after his birthday!).

Although, I DID bake some chocolate brownies last week. My first time, ever. I even made the icing from scratch. They were from the "La Dolce Vegan" cookbook. They were so moist, and not too sweet, and the walnuts were still a bit crunchy....YUM. So, maybe I'm not such a bad wife after all?:-)

Tomorrow, I'm going for a gestational diabetes test at the hospital. I'm VERY nervous about this, because I have a history of insulin resistance, and I'm at quite a high risk for developing diabetes during pregnancy. Okay - I'm not going to write about it anymore because it's making me nervous...but just to say that I hope everything goes okay.

And finally, once I've sorted out my plans for working less, I'm going to come up with a proper exercise schedule. It's been ages since I've done that - and even though I'm pregnant, it's important that I stick to something regular. In that vein, I'm off to google, to find some yoga studios in Toronto that offer prenatal.

If anyone is still reading this blog, I hope all is well. I look forward to catching up with everyone soon!

5 comments:

Twisted Cinderella said...

Good luck on the gestational diabetes test!

Bex said...

It is so great to hear form you, Sonya! I have missed you so much!! I am glad to hear that you are well :)
Those brownies sound too delish YUMMMM
When I read that you are 6 months along I almost keeled over. TIME FLIES!
Take good care of yourself, girlie, too much fatigue is no good!
xoxoxo

Cowgirl Warrior said...

Whoo hoo you're back! The brownies sound really good.
You definitely need to take care of you. Could you sit and lecture?
The standing the whole time is not so good for you.
I'm sure the test will go fine.
I'll send positive vibes

Belladora said...

Good luck with your test. I'm glad to hear you are working on keeping active. Yoga is great for you, especially being pregnant. I hope you are able to find somewhere else to go:)

Michelle said...

nice to see you back Sonya.
Hope you and hubby have a nice bday for him.

Take care of yourself hun..this is a tiring time..(the last trimester) and you need to get lots of rest because soon......you'll be getting NONE!!! lol