Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday's Random Stuff

- I called before heading over to yoga on Friday, and found out that it was an ADVANCED class. Seeing as my bones creak and crack when I bend over to pick up something I've dropped, it would not have been a good idea to attempt that.

- Running class on Saturday got cancelled, because the instructor was sick. Boo.

- I went out for a walk on Saturday, but I really should have worked a bit harder and made up for it at the gym. Ack! Feeling lazy gets to me everytime.

- Weekend eating was so-so. It wasn't horrible, but certainly not stellar. I need to be stellar.

- I spent a few hours yesterday, cooking up a storm for the week. I made a vegetarian shepard's pie, steamed vegetables, steamed semolina patties, and chopped up veggies for a soba-noodle stirfry. Meals are all planned, so there should be no room for error.

- There's a running class on Wednesday night that I'm going to go to. There's also a "restorative yoga" class on Sunday that I've already marked in my calendar. I can't wait.

- I'm still determined to lose another 1lb this week. If I kick butt from Monday to Friday, maybe I can make it happen. I need to stop doubting myself - I will make it happen.

- I really really really really want to make it my first 5lb goal. Gosh, it seems so pathetic - but I need to take baby steps. If I work really hard the next five days, I could actually see a cumulative 5lb loss next week! Wow.

- I haven't weighed myself after the weekend, and I'm not going to. Sticking to Saturday weigh-in's.

- Now, if someone could just explain why the brain just shuts down over the weekends when it comes to healthy eating and exercise? Yes, it's a time for relaxation - but inevitably, we end up reversing all of our hard work from the week! What is that all about?

Will post after my running class - it's an hour long. I hope I don't collapse!

7 comments:

jodi said...

i'm not sure i would say my brain shuts down on the weekends but sometimes, sleeping-in totally trumps an early morning spin class... i think it's just natural to feel more relaxed and less strict esp. if you're 100% OP all week... i'm learning to just do my best and moving on - no use beating myself up every monday... :o)

CaRoLyN said...

Ugh the dreaded weekends. this was a bad one for me and the scale is showing no mercy! I deserve it though and I'm glad that it's kicked my butt in gear. I need to be stellar too! and I AM GOING TO BE STELLAR. No ifs, ands, or buts. We can do this. One day at a time. One meal at a time. Let's do it!

Good luck at your running class. Can't wait to hear all about how much you rocked it!

PS I'm still in Beginner Yoga and I still find it challenging! I can't imagine the intermediate one. Maybe some day!

Nicole said...

ugh, i hear you on trying to meet the 5 lb goal. I am on week 4 of WW and had a horrible weekend...to the point where I gained a pound at weigh in today :( next week I hope to make the 5 lb mark!!!

Good luck!

Veg*Triathlete said...

Ooo, you have a reward coming at 5 lbs, don't you? Treat yourself to something relaxing & nice :-) I was just looking thought my reFresh cookbook today & thought again how lucky you are to live near that restaurant! I wish they were the norm - wouldn't it be great if we had those all over the place instead of McDonald's & whatever else? Have a great week!

Kim said...

I am ALL IN as far as a new week, new start!!! :) We can do this!!!!

Healthy Mummy said...

Nothing wrong with taking baby steps. I think it's the best way forward. Good luck with running class.

coach handbags said...

There are a million excuses, but no reasons NOT to coach factory outlet online pursue your vision for an ideal life. If you have a vision and a plan, but lack the motivation to get there, a coach outlet store online can help. A coach helps to troubleshoot the barriers that stop you in your tracks so that those impassable mountains become molehills. A coachfactory.com/shop finds out what drives you and what keeps you on track, as well as recognizing when you are slacking off. A coach keeps you accountable and will ask you regularly if you're doing what you say you really want.Where are you in your life? Do you have a vision of where you want to be, what you want to do, how you want to live? Maybe you have a vision, but you don’t have a plan. Any maybe you have both the vision and the plan but need help motivating yourself to follow the plan. A coach outletbags can help you at any stage of this process so that you can see that vision, design that plan, or be inspired to motivate yourself toward your goals.Many people can and do achieve their dreams alone. And many more people benefit from the guidance, focus, and accountability a coach offers.So, why would you need a coach factory outlet? Simply, to help you reach your dreams so that the life you live is the life you want to live. Your life is beckoning - do you have the vision, coach bags planArticleSubmission, and motivation to get there?