Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 7 plus Weekend Recap

Howdy!

Thanks for your lovely support over my weigh-in. I needed that! I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for another good weigh-in next Saturday. But we know that it doesn't really boil down to luck, does it? It's all about effort.;-)

So the weekend eating was really good. I stuck to my plan, with a few teeny splurges that made me feel like it was the weekend. I had a small oatmeal chocolate chip cookie on Saturday. And 3-4 bites of roasted potato on Sunday -- I made a tofu broccoli quiche from my amazing Vegan Brunch book (it turned out awesomely, by the way - next time, I will take pictures!), and the potatoes were for hubby (I had a big salad!). But that was the extent of it. Usually, the weekends are about eating extravaganzas followed by guilt, followed by more "screw it!" eating.

My exercise was crap, though. The hubby wasn't feeling very well, and I couldn't leave the kids with him to head out for some exercise. I felt guilty about that, but will make up for it this week.

I realized something about this whole weight loss effort. Honestly, you have to really want it in order to make progress. I used to wonder how I could be so powerless when it came to food. Seriously, it's kind of sad to think that if it were me and a bag of chips in a dark alley, the chips would probably kick my butt. I mean, it's only food. But it is tremendously hard to resist it, because we need to eat to survive. It's always there. Plus, for many years, eating has been a great comfort to me. I'm definitely an emotional eater, and that doesn't help. It's really hard to change mindset, and to not sway back. I've only been really trying for a week now, and I have many weeks ahead of me. It's going to be tough.

But I finally really want this. Really, really want this. Feeling like I'm in control has made me feel better in other aspects of my life too. I'm disappointed that it has taken me this long to get it together, but it's better late than never.

Observation of the week: My shirt is starting to feel a little looser around the tummy. Amazing.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

so glad you made it through the weekend with determination and perserverence!