- who wakes up in the morning, and hopes that there's a spinning class that day;
- who sees herself in the mirror while she's working out, and no longer feels disdain for her body; who sees a woman that's becoming strong and healthy;
- who beams with pride when she tells her daughter she's going to the gym, knowing that she's establishing a healthy example;
- who isn't afraid to try new physical activities: like running a 5K, spinning, salsa dancing, or hip-hop dancing. (Well, maybe still a bit afraid to try kama aerobics, but trying to get over it);
- who, last night, declared that she had to have a treat. Whose husband gave her with a questioning look, like she was going to rip open a bag of Doritos. Who opened the fridge, and found a sinful looking vanilla yogurt with muesli, and ate it like she was devouring a box of chocolate truffles;
- who turned down the opportunity to buy a brand new, gorgeous, ipod shuffle because it isn't practical for exercising, but opted for a refurbished older model so that she can go running with it in the Spring;
- who might not faint from fear if there are no bikes left at the back of the spinning class, and who might not be embarrassed to take a bike in the front row;
- who wakes up in the morning, with excitement for the day ahead;
- who is determined to get healthy like she never has been before.
Wednesday, December 02, 2009
Who's that girl?
Who's that girl?:
Posted by Marathon Someday at 9:54 a.m.