First of all, I've been inspired by so many blogs lately - just too many to mention.
- Cowgirl Warrior is training for a marathon in Hawaii - how fabulous is that?
- KleoPatra inspires me just about everyday with her vegetarian/vegan musings
- Becky is kicking some serious butt along the journey of weightloss
- Megan makes some seriously fantastic looking food. Her creativity in the kitchen is amazing.
- Sarah has been doing awesome in her exercise routine lately, and she amazed me by baking a gazillion cupcakes for her friend.
- Pinknest writes amazing food reviews and she lives in one of the most exciting cities in the world (NY!) - and she doesn't take it for granted.
- Tax is on a vegan weightloss journey in Italy, of all places in the world. She's got an awesome and determined attitude.
- Jen's perseverence is amazing - she doesn't let anything stand in her way.
- Jackie has amazing honesty and grit. She's awesome.
- Michelle has kicked some serious butt on her journey so far - and she never ceases to make me laugh.
- Venus is going to be a world-famous aromatherapist!
....I know that I've forgotten many blogs, and for that I apologize! I feel like I draw on some amazing things from things that everyone writes....and I feel so grateful!
I think my maternal instincts are starting to kick into overdrive. Over the last few days, I've felt the need to start becoming more creative in the kitchen. In particular, baking. I have a sudden urge to bake vegan brownies and cookies and cake. Not necessary EAT them, but watch others enjoy them.
I purchased three books this weekend:
1. Vegan with Vengeance by Isa Moskowitz
2. La Dolce Vegan by Sarah Kramer
3. Garden of Vegan by Sarah Kramer and Tanya Barnard.
I am such a nerd. I was at the bookstore with my husband, and was only going to buy the first two...but couldn't put down the third (lots of great recipes!) - so he sighed, and said, "just take all three!". Why am I a nerd? I also purchased a pack of post-it notes so that I could read the books from cover-to-cover, and "flag" all of my favourite recipes. Hee Hee.
I'm so excited, I can't even tell you. So this weekend, I'm going to make an asparagus and sundried tomato frittata with rosemary baked potatoes for brunch, some walnut-pesto fusilli with cherry tomatoes and fresh bruschetta for dinner, and some chocolate-chip cookies for tea. The hubby has enthusiastically agreed to be my taster, for better or for worse. I will photograph all of the outcomes!
I still have to post SF pictures, but I am at work right now, and don't have my camera. Sorry! Will get to it later.
In baby news - I'm not 100% sure. In fact, I'm probably totally imagining things...but I might have felt the baby move this morning. It felt like a weird "wave" passing through my stomach. It happened a couple of times...and it almost tickled. Not a firm "kick" or anything - but more like a ripple. It almost felt like a hunger pain - but I know it wasn't, because I had just eaten my lunch. If it was a movement, WOW. I can't wait until they're big kicks. Amazing.
I went to the gym at lunch, and now I'm done exercise for the day! Woo hoo. I'll go home early tonight, and get dinner ready...sauteed cauliflower, indian dhal (lentils), and some spicy potato...all with brown rice.
Back to work - have a great day, everyone. And thanks again for being so inspiring!