Know what the best part about this loss is? It doesn't feel like a flukey loss. It really feels like it's a result of my efforts. And that's what feels amazing about it. I'm not worried that it was a water loss, or a one-off because my body was in a good mood. And for the first time in a long time, I feel like this is the beginning.
I've vowed to not become a slave to the scale, because the numbers don't always tell all. On that note, here's a list of my accomplishments from this past week:
- I made a meal plan for the entire week. Did I stick to it all the time? No. Was I always an angel? No. But I was conscious of what I was putting in my mouth - and managed to compensate for my "oops" moments, or at least minimize them where possible.
- I managed to get out for a walk on 4 days last week, pushing the stroller each time. Although walking isn't exactly high-impact cardio, it's definitely hard work pushing the stroller around!
- I made it to the gym once, to work on my C25K program. The treadmill (dreadmill!) was taken. It was 7:00am, and I was tired and grumpy. Instead of retreating back to my apartment and diving under my warm comforter again, I used the elliptical machine.
- I baked a batch of chocolate-chip oatmeal cookies and a YUMMY loaf of banana bread (pictures to follow). My kitchen was wafting with the most incredible smell. I allowed myself an entire cookie all weekend, and a very small piece of banana bread. That's it. The rest is going to work with my husband!
- My water intake wasn't optimal, but much better than previous weeks.
I'm motivated for this week. I'm not expecting the same type of loss next week, but would really like to maintain my goal of 1lb/week - and I'm determined to make it!
Will post pictures of my baking a little later - the baby is hungry now!