So much has happened over the last few months, so I'm just gonna bullet-point 'em:
- Started an insane new job that has me working about 60-70 hours a week;
- Running around after my (now two-year old!) toddler in my spare time hasn't been easy on top of my job;
- My uncle suddenly passed away from cancer in October. He was only diagnosed in late August. His 38 year-old daughter died from cancer only nine months before that. It left me reeling;
- Switched my daughter to a new daycare a couple of months ago - the transition has been tough, but I love her new space;
- And last but not least: I'm pregnant again. I'm about 7 months along now - it's flying by.
I was pretty upset when I was first diagnosed. But now, I am almost smiling about it. There couldn't have been a better person to receive this news in some ways. I know exactly what I have to do to manage it, so I'm ready to kick some serious butt.
That, and it means that I get to start my weight management journey almost two months in advance of the baby's arrival! It's a head-start to where I want to go.
I've only gained about 15lbs so far in this pregnancy. I was probably up to 25 by this point last time around, so I'm doing well. I need to keep my gain under 20 in total.
I am *such* a fiend for lists, so it would be weird for me to not write out some of my goals for the coming year. Here goes:
- Run a 5K in September;
- Go back to work in January 2010 wearing the gorgeous suit that I found in my closet today, which is a size 14;
- Enjoy my maternity leave this time around (by not taking on any work!), and spending lots of time with the baby;
- Learning to drive again (loooong story, but I will chronicle my adventures);
- Cook a new vegan dish / dessert at least once a month;
- Read 3 new books;
- Take care of myself. Plain and Simple.
So, here's a wonky start to my journey of health - never thought I'd be looking to maintain weight and be on a diet while being 7-months pregnant. But what's that saying again? There's no time like the present.
2009 is going to be freakin' fabulous.