I have been figuring out how and when to make my foray back into the blogging world for some time now. At first, I was going to delete this blog and start over again. Then, I thought I'd design a fancy schmancy new template before I started blogging. Finally, I gave up and decided to just start writing. Because really, that's what blogging is all about, right? Eventually, I will get around to updating the old stuff on this blog and making it look a bit prettier.
For now, here is a shot-gun list of stuff:
- I had my baby at the end of Feburary! A boy. He makes my heart go pitter-patter every single day.
- I'm off work until the end of 2009. Life with two kids is insane.
- I gained a total of 20lbs during my second pregnancy. It would have been much more had I not been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Thankfully, I had the resolve to manage it with exercise and diet, and the outcome was good.
- Unfortunately, I am still overweight. I need to lose about 70lbs to get down to my healthy weight. That ain't a small number.
- Since I was diagnosed with diabetes during my pregnancy, there is an awfully good chance that I'll get the real thing at some point in my life if I don't manage my weight. That's pretty scary, no?
- I've been struggling with my eating a bit since my son was born. I lost about 15lbs of my pregnancy weight, but then managed to gain back almost 10. I've almost (almost!) lost that 10 again. But really, none of this matters when I have 70lbs to lose!
Here's looking at a future with 70-lbs less of me.:-)