Good things about today:
- I managed to make it to yoga class despite the sweltering heat. I don't really feel like I burned a ton of calories, but it was probably better than sitting on my butt at home.
- I just went out for dinner and drinks with a couple of good friends. I had a drink. One. The menu was incredible: rice paper rolls, amazing pad thai, spring rolls, etc. What did I have? A quinoa salad and an order of edamame. I rock!
- When I was getting ready to go out, I tried on two t-shirts that I had taken out a couple of weeks ago when they were, er, snug. Today, they definitely looked better on me. Not being vain, I'm just sayin'. They felt a bit looser around the tum-tum area.
- Talking to my daughter's daycare director about the freaking triathlon that she's training for, and feeling really motivated about my 5K.
Mediocre things about today:
- The heat (I'm a Torontonian, and we love to complain about the weather. Sorry.)
- The afternoon hours when I want to eat everything in sight. I did okay, but I ended up eating some extra handfuls of nuts and things. Totally unnecessary. Bah.
- Feeling guilty about my dinner even though I did really well. I probably shouldn't have had any carbs or ANY drinks. But really, this is about living life and making good choices. I know I did just that, but the guilt really stinks.
My "good" list outweighs the "mediocre" one. That's a good thing.:-) Two full weeks over.
Time for bed, I'm pooped.